Monday 11 November 2013

The Fictional Pull

I haven't written any fictional stuff for quite a few years now and I haven't had anything published since my mother died. The 'pull' to create characters and build their world hasn't really been there. Perhaps that's why I decided to join the MOOC on Storytelling. 

Nice. Yes it's nice to be writing fiction again. I've started a new story called Osmosis City (atm) and this week's MOOC task was to introduce a fictional character so I decided to let Willow 472 have the stage. I've even created her own blog and I'll give the story some space there. Meet Willow:


I must say that this writing has been cathartic, which is my word of the week!

There are a number of definitions for this word but these I like best (from http://www.thefreedictionary.com):
cathartic - emotionally purging
healthful - conducive to good health of body or mind; "a healthful climate"; "a healthful environment"; "healthful nutrition"; "healthful sleep"; "Dickens's relatively healthful exuberance"


cathartic - emotionally purging (of e.g. art)
artistic creationartistic productionart - the creation of beautiful or significant things; "art does not need to be innovative to be good"; "I was never any good at art"; "he said that architecture is the art of wasting space beautifully"
emotional - of more than usual emotion; "his behavior was highly emotional"

No comments:

Post a Comment