Sunday 17 November 2013

Talking about books

This week I got to talk about my favourite books or rather books that inspired me to write (this was for my MOOC - The future of story telling; which I am loving btw).

The assignment was to talk about only 3 pieces of work that inspired you and you had to video your talk (eek!). So I did my homework and had a blast! My video is below if you feel like checking out my dorky presentation.

The books I chose were: 

  • Middlemarch by George Elliot - This book is inspirational because it shows how great writing can make boring everyday milieu captivating. I truly love this book and have read it many times.
  • Boy and Going Solo by Roal Dahl - A delightful insight into this great children's author's childhood and young adult years. Dahl's honesty and ability to create humour out of sometimes disastrous events gives us a glimpse in to how his writing style developed. Another beautiful book
  • The Eyre Affair by Jasper Fforde - The first in the Thursday Next series which I am truly addicted to. The series has been described as literary detective novels, which they are but that doesn't encompass how wildly different and clever these books are. If you want something different to read, give these a go. The author was very brave to write these books as they don't really fit into a set genre and that's why I find them inspirational.


PS: the sound quality is very soft in the video but if you put on headphones it will be louder.

No comments:

Post a Comment